Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Urban Lads - An Example Of Tipping Point?

After successfully screwing up my New Year Resolutions, am back here with a Mashup - Mind Mashup.

Mind - Mine [:)]

Two Applications in the current context are
  1. Tipping Point - a book by Malcolm Gladwell is all about three rules of epidemics. This was recommended by Idea Naren, enabling my thoughts if I could create a Tipping POint myself. (Was it really so?)
  2. Urban Lads - a new album launched last week by College Kids Of Bangalore. Again Idea Naren had suggested this. But Yday I could see these folks near Jayanagar COmplex. Wasnt very impressed in the first quick glimpse. The reason being - 'Was this the way of promoting a Album?'. Again I saw abt them in Bangalore Mirror. Again a Blog by Idea Naren abt the same. In the evening got a call from Dad abt they being live on TV9! I couldnt resist to have a glimpse of the show. The guys were really Cool! I cudnt resist in running to a local shop and buy the Album! I think the Tipping Point had already started working for Urban Lads! No amount of Marketing Heads with Big budgets can create this kind of Tipping Point in so little a time.

Its 4:28 AM, have heard to some of the songs atleast 5 times from past few hours, the numbers are really catchy and some very funny! I am impressed with the number

  • "Bangalorization" and the line that runs through my mind is "Musicalli Kannadana Maadtheevi Naavu Worldwide!!"

Other songs

  • Maada beda
  • Dual Mind
  • Just Miss U

are not boring yet!

BTW Thanks to Urban Lads that I ran into my good old friend at "The Calypso" who had moved back to India for Good.

BTW Mind Mashup is my mind mashing up Tipping POint and Urban Lads!

8 comments:

Niri said...

Awesome tracks, hillarious lyrics.. totally rocking album!

A must buy..

AK said...

Listened to Maada Beda and just missu. Loved Maada beda. More than that I amazed by their music, lyrics eveyrthing. Yippeeee!!! Nice Nice

Unknown said...

Recently Urban Lads, performed their first ever Corporate performance at Honeywell Technology Solutions. The occasion was Rajyotsava celebrations and it was apt we had a Kannada band to sway the crowds. It was an impressive performance. Their strength is their cheeky lyrics with hummable tones and added hip-hop bengaluru style. Also got an update, couple of them will be featuring in a movie titled Josh slated to release this December 19th.

Good wishes to them..

Unknown said...

I love the tracks man, superb lyrics. plan to dance for the same (Maadabeda).good voice. good work guys . kepp going. we are there to support u

Anonymous said...

Thank u :-) take a look this emo boy hair over this blog:
http://crazy-emo-boys.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

StipinkSoom
[url=http://healthplusrx.com/chickenpox]chickenpox[/url]
cirlcledCache

Anonymous said...

StipinkSoom
[url=http://healthplusrx.com/floaters]floaters[/url]
cirlcledCache